Friday, February 14, 2014

It was a beautiful day! The sun was out and the colors of Ecuador were bright! We made our hike
(about two miles) up to Casa de Fe. This morning we had a jungle hike planned. I went but I am not sure I
really saw the jungle because I paid very close attention to where I was placing my feet! Wow. Rainforest is
right. The jungle was very wet and if you got off the path you would sink in deep!

There is constant noise here: bugs, birds, dogs, cars and political rallies!

This afternoon they held what we would call a BBQ but they call it parrilla. We had sausage, chicken and pork.
They grilled up all the meat on two big grills. We also had a type of corn and a potato. The corn is not sweet like
our corn. We had grilled bananas too. Those were good! We had sodas and cakes from a local bakery.
There was lots of food and dishes to do.

Part of our group spent their time working on desk drawers.

Some of the ladies spent their time in front of a sewing machine sewing while others played with the toddlers.
It was a very full day!

Tomorrow we say goodbye to Shell and go to Banos.

Chao!
Rebecca














No comments:

Post a Comment