Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Monday, January 29, 2018 Casa de Fe blog

ritten by Barb Johnson and quite a few pics from Gregory Synstelien What a beautiful day!

Casa de Fe finally with the children and the workers (maestros) and tias (caregivers)! I started off the day looking for my glasses and Traci told me they were on my face. Then I asked for a coffee cup, and she said I better put on my seeing glasses, because the cups were right in front of me.

Then we were off to Casa de Fe, and took all the items off their needs list that we brought. They were overwhelmed with everything we bought. People were out working in the rain--moving rocks (Egyptian style--rolling them over branches), plastering walls, and fixing bathrooms, putting in fixtures, and doing electrical work.

Some of the women were working in therapy, the baby rooms, and too some of the special needs kids to the park (which is not a regular thing--they rarely get out).

We had a great dinner at a new Chicago style pizza place, and it was delicious.

We'd appreciate prayers for our team to stay healthy, because we had a couple of people get ill today due to the heat/stomach trouble.































No comments:

Post a Comment